Get your health kick (and soothe those cravings) with this delicious vanilla omega boost smoothie bowl from Cara-Lisa Sham!
- 180g / 2 frozen bananas
- 12g / 1 tbsp. hemp seed powder
- 20g / 2 tbsp. tahini
- 90g / ½ cup Caralishious ice-cream
- 7g / 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4g /1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1.5g / Pinch nutmeg
- 15g /1 tbsp. honey
- 10g / 1 tbsp. flax seeds
- 8g / 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 12g / 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 15g / 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 90g / 1 kiwi sliced (or seasonal fruit of choice)
- Combine all the base ingredients in a blender and blend until thick ice-cream like consistency forms.
- Place the mixture into your favourite serving bowl or into large flask/cup with a lid for on-the-go meals.
For bowl: layer each topping in a straight line over smoothie base – starting from the left side of the bowl and working your way towards the right so that each topping is lying in a straight line next to one another.
For on the go: In a flask or long plastic cup, layer 2 tbsp. smoothie base, then add chia; layer 2 tbsp. smoothie base, then add flax seeds etc to create a stack effect. For the top layer, sprinkle with a little of each of the toppings.
Want more? try out this delicious (and healthy) mega berry detox smoothie bowl.
Try it out and share your smoothie bowl with us on social media!
Want more content from Caralishious? Get your copy of our May/June issue for a rolling and stretching for increased mobility workout with Cara-Lisa.
Get your copy in store nationwide, or get a digital copy here.
Author: Mariska du Plessis
Writer, photographer, videographer and Wellness Blogger.
Follow her on Instagram: @justmariska_