Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring – just ask Cara-Lisa Sham – creator of this delicious, healthy smoothie bowl! Try this recipe and let us know what you think:
- 180g / 2 frozen bananas
- 81g / ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- 90g / ½ cup Caralishious ice-cream
- 3g / 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4g / 1 tsp. cinnamon
- (1.5g) Pinch of nutmeg
- 15g / 1 tbsp. honey
- 17g / 1 tbsp. blueberries
- 17g / 1 tbsp. goji berries
- 36g / 3 medium sized strawberries
- 10g / 1 tbsp. almond flakes
- Combine all the base ingredients in a blender and blend it until a thick ice-cream like consistency forms.
- Place the mixture in a bowl or into a large plastic cup (for takeaways)
For bowl: Layer each topping in a straight line over smoothie base – starting from the left side of the bowl and working your way towards the right so that each topping is lying in a straight line next to one another.
For on the Go: ln a flask or plastic cup, layer 2 tbsp. smoothie base, then add blueberries; layer 2 tbsp. smoothie base, then add goji berries etc. to create a stack effect. For the top layer, sprinkle with a little of each of the toppings.
Want more? try out this delicious (and healthy) caffeine-kick smoothie bowl.
Try it out and share your smoothie bowl with us on social media!
Want more content from Caralishious? Get your copy of our May/June issue for a rolling and stretching for increased mobility workout with Cara-Lisa.
Get your copy in store nationwide, or get a digital copy here.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.