Smoothie bowls can be great additions to your eating regime because they are made from healthy ingredients, filling, customizable to your taste, and easy and quick to make. Here is a delicious smoothie bowl with a caffeine kick from Cara-Lisa Sham.
- 228g / 3 frozen bananas
- 90g / ½ cup coconut milk
- 61g / 1 shot espresso
- 3g / 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4g / 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1.5g / pinch nutmeg
- 15g /1 tbsp. honey
- 8g / 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 10g /1 tbsp. cacao nibs
- 10g / 1 tsp. almond flakes
- 10g / 1 tbsp. coconut flakes
- Combine all base ingredients in a blender and blend until a thick ice-cream like consistency forms.
- Place the mixture into your favourite serving bowl or into large flask/cup with a lid for on the go meals.
- For a bowl: layer each topping in a straight line over smoothie base – starting from the left of the bowl and working your way towards the right so that each topping is lying in a straight line next to one another.
- On the Go: In a flask/plastic cup, layer 2 tbsp. smoothie base, then add the chia seeds. Then, layer 2 tbsp. smoothie base, then add the cacao nibs to create a stack effect. For the top layer, sprinkle with a little of each of the toppings.
Try it out and share your smoothie bowl with us on social media!
Want more content from Caralishious? Get your copy of our May/June issue for a rolling and stretching for increased mobility workout with Cara-Lisa.
Get your copy in store nationwide, or get a digital copy here.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.