This lower-carb meal option packs loads of beneficial nutrients along with protein from both the chicken and peanuts.
Try this diet-approved light and tasty recipe for lunch or dinner.
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 20g grated ginger
- 800g chicken fillets
- 240g carrots
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 green onions sliced thinly
- 35g coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil for dressing
Peanuts contains healthy poly- and monounsaturated fats (50%), and is high in protein (25%) and low in carbohydrate (19%) content.
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine the lime juice and ginger, add chicken then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Stir fry the chicken in batches until cooked through.
- For the dressing simply combine all the ingredients.
- Toss together the chicken, herbs and onions, sprinkle with nuts and serve.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.