The combination of protein and carbs makes this the ideal post-workout snack for the gym girl on the go!
- 250g coconut oil
- 50g honey
- 180g desiccated coconut
- 400g rolled oats
- 120g whey protein, chocolate flavour
- Xylitol or stevia liquid (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g dried fruit mix and/or cashew nuts (optional)
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 60ml milk or soya milk
Your ideal healthy snack box option. Just Use it as part of a balanced meal plan and be portion-wise!
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Spray a rectangular 23x33cm pan with original Spray-n-Cook.
- Place coconut oil and honey in a pot and melt together on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut, oats, chocolate whey protein, xylitol, cinnamon, salt and dried fruit.
- Add the bicarb/milk mixture last.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly on low heat for 1 minute.
- Press into baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cooled.
Recipe by Nicolette Brits
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.