Try this delectable modified treat recipe from USN athlete and multiple IFBB Arnold Classic Africa champion, Micaela Markides.
- 60ml plain cream cheese
- 120ml plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 scoop USN Diet Whey Isolean, Vanilla Ice Cream flavour
- 1 egg white
- 4 sticks of sweetener
- 1 tsp of lemon juice (optional)
An added protein boost: The cream cheese and Greek yoghurt are both beneficial sources of dairy-derived protein and calcium. The Greek yoghurt is also a good source of probiotics, potassium and vitamin B12.
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 12ml coconut oil
- 5ml almond milk
Desiccated coconut and coconut oil are ideal sources of healthy dietary fats due to their rich Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) content. These fats can be easily metabolised for energy and aid in the break down of other fats. Always opt for unsweetened desiccated coconut products.
- Toast the desiccated coconut until golden.
- Mix the remaining crust ingredients with the coconut, then layer the crust on the bottom of some cupcake holders.
- Combine cream cheese and egg white and whip until smooth.
- Add yoghurt, whey protein, sweetener and lemon juice and whip until thick and smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over crust in cupcake holders.
- Place muffin tin into a water bath and into the oven pre-heated to at 180’C, for 15 minutes, until cracked and golden.
- Allow to cool completely in the fridge before removing from the cupcake holders.
Almond milk is a great dairy alternative, but beware of commercial varieties that contain added sugar.. A 1-cup serving of almond milk contains:
- 60 calories
- 2.5g fat
- 8g carbs
- 1g protein
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.