Have your cake and eat it, for breakfast! Plant-based diet & lifestyle consultant Alani Keiser shares her raw vegan breakfast carrot cake recipe with us!
Packed full of protein and fibre
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 small carrots
- 1 cup of dates
- ½ a teaspoon of mixed spice
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of raw cashews (½ for cake and ½ for icing)
- ½ a cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 330ml of CocoXim coconut milk
For full instructions, head to Alani Keiser’s Instagram TV Channel and watch the video.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.