Kick-start your day in a delicious and healthy way.
This vitamin C-packed smoothie recipe will boos t your energy levels along with your immune system – it’s a winter win-win!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 large orange, peeled
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 1 serving plant-based protein
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3 dates
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp ginger, grated
Research suggests that vitamin C can help reduce fatigue. A study conducted at Arizona State University found that overweight adults who exercised for weight loss and supplemented with additional vitamin C found their training 10% easier and reported a drop in overall fatigue by a whopping 55%.
- Add the peeled carrot and orange to the blender.
- Pour in orange juice and blend.
- Add protein powder, chia seeds, yoghurt, cinnamon and ginger and continue to blend.
- Leave the smoothie for a while to thicken until it reaches the desired consistency.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.