Honestly, why go through the hassle of baking cookies when the dough tastes so good?
Well, edible cooking dough is slightly different to the baking variety, but it has become a popular indulgence for its sweetness.
Portion control is vital when enjoying this delicious treat, but this version is heavy on the healthier ingredients and less heavy-handed on the problematic ones.
- 2 scoops Biogen Iso-Whey Premium, Vanilla flavour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup almond nut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
Natural nut butters have a thin, translucent layer of oil at the top of the tub. These are the natural oils released from nuts that have been ground into paste. More processed products tend to have added oil to stabilise it, which generally forms a think, yellow oil on top. Opt for natural nut butters whenever possible.
- Place the Biogen Iso-Whey and almond flour in a medium-size bowl and mix.
- Add in the nut butter and maple syrup and mix again. At this point the batter should be just like cookie dough.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix one last time. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and savour every bite.
Almond flour is a popular alternative to wheat flour for baking and cooking among health-concious individuals as it is gluten-free, low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and a good source of plant-based protein.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.