Fill the hunger gap, sustain your energy levels and support your recovery until the next meal with a protein-packed snack.
These tasty and convenient bite-sized cacao protein balls are the ideal way to boost and build.
- 2 scoops Lifestyle Food Whey Powder
- 2 tbsp Lifestyle Food Ultimate Seed Mix
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp Lifestyle Food Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Psyllium Husk Fibre
- 1 sachet Lifestyle Food Stevia Stick
- 60ml water
Cacao powder is a potent superfood that contains more than 300 different chemical compounds, including highly beneficial polyphenols known as flavonoids. This ingredient also has nearly four times the antioxidant content of dark chocolate, and is a source of various vitamins and minerals, including calcium, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, sulphur, and essential fatty acids.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Add a little water at a time and keep testing the consistency.
- Roll into small balls and keep them in the fridge.
Lifestyle Food products available from Dis-Chem stores and online at www.dischem.co.za.
Recipe supplied by Shakera Ghoor
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.