So many people suffer from constant inflammation lately, and it has a lot to do with your training and your nutrition. Here’s a healthy, delicious anti-inflammatory smoothie bowl from Cara-Lisa Sham to try!
- 180g/2 frozen bananas
- 81g / ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- 90g / ½ cup Caralishious ice-cream
- 9g / ½ cup mint
- 66g / ½ cup broccoli
- 30g / ½ cup spinach
- 3g / 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4g / 1 tsp. cinnamon
- (approx. 1.5g) Pinch nutmeg
- 15g/ 1 tbsp. honey
- 10g / 1 tbsp. almond flakes
- 29g / 5 thin slices green apple
- 15g / 1 tbsp. cinnamon toasted seeds (combine sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds and a generous amount of cinnamon into pan and lightly toast until cinnamon is infused)
- 36g / 3 medium sized strawberries –sliced
- 30g / 3 slices mango
- Combine all the base ingredients in a blender and blend until thick ice-cream like consistency forms.
- Place mixture into your favourite serving bowl or into large flask/cup with a lid for on the go meals.
For bowl: layer each topping in a straight line over smoothie base – starting from the left of the bowl and working your way towards the right so that each topping is lying in a straight line next to one another.
For on the Go: ln a flask or plastic cup, layer 2 tbsp. smoothie base, then add strawberries; layer 2 tbsp. smoothie base, then add mango berries etc. to create a stack effect. For the top layer, sprinkle with a little of each of the toppings.
Want more? try out this delicious (and healthy) vanilla omega boost smoothie bowl.
Try it out and share your smoothie bowl with us on social media!
Want more content from Caralishious? Get your copy of our May/June issue for a rolling and stretching for increased mobility workout with Cara-Lisa.
Get your copy in store nationwide, or get a digital copy here.
Author: Mariska du Plessis
Mariska is the editor of Fitness Magazine, a writer, photographer, videographer and Wellness Blogger.
Follow her on Instagram: @justmariska_