Spruce up how you get your daily veggies in with this delicious Buddha Bowl!
Makes 3 servings.
- 2 tbsp olive, coconut, or avocado oil
- ½ medium red onion (sliced in wedges)
- 1 large sweet potato (cut into pieces)
- 1 bundle broccolini (chopped)
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- ½ tsp each salt + pepper
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-4 tbsp hot water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and place cut up sweet potato and onions on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil of your choice.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven, flip vegetables and add broccolini. Drizzle broccolini with a bit of oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 15 minutes and then check if vegetables are soft and have browned. If so, remove from oven. If not, place them back in the oven and check every 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the vegetables to roast, add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and toss with seasonings.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp oil and chickpeas and sauté, stirring frequently. Cook for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Prepare sauce by adding tahini, maple syrup and lemon juice to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Add hot water until a pourable sauce is formed. Set aside.
- To serve, divide roast veg and chickpeas into three servings, place veg and baby spinach in a bowl and top with chickpeas and drizzle with tahini sauce.
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.