When it comes to satiety and weight management, studies show that eating a meal that contained avocado improved feelings of fullness and satisfaction after.
Avos deliver these benefits primarily due to their fat content, so consider adding some avo to your diet to reduce cravings and over-eating. This avocado salad is a great option.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 ripe avocados
- Fresh Romaine lettuce
- ½ cup baby rosa tomatoes
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp of basil pesto
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of semi-dried basil
Rich in essential minerals, an avocado contains more than 70% water and is one of the most valuable sources of organic fat, which makes up 20% of the fruit.
- In a dehydrator, dehydrate a few leaves of fresh basil for 2 hours. To maintain nutrients, dehydrate the basil leaves in an Ezidri dehydrator.
- Roughly chop up all ingredients and add to salad bowl.
- Process coconut cream with half an avocado until smooth, with a pinch of salt.
- Add a tablespoon of basil pesto to the dressing.
- Garnish salad with semi-dried basil crushed leaves.
Recipes & information provided by Alani Keiser | www.alanikeiser.com
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.