Get on the Bant wagon with this low-carb, high-fat diet-friendly pudding.
It’s loaded with protein to aid recovery and muscle repair and will also satisfy that sweet tooth without impacting your daily carb count.
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1 cup full-cream yoghurt
- ¼ cup natural almond nut butter
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- Xylitol to taste
Walnuts are nutritional powerhouses. They are packed with healthy fats, including omega-3s, fibre, vitamins and minerals, and powerful antioxidants such as vitamin E, melatonin and polyphenols.
- In a small bowl, combine the protein powder and yoghurt, and mix well.
- Add the almond nut butter.
- Finely chop the walnuts and stir into the protein pudding.
- Add additional xylitol to taste.
- Chill in fridge before serving.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.