Go beyond breakfast with this cooling anytime snack.
While this is a technically a breakfast pop, you can easily enjoy it any time of the day as a refreshing, frozen and nutritious treat.
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Mixed Raw Nuts
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Lifestyle Food Raw Dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Lifestyle Food Cranberry, Cashew, and Almond Granola
- Fresh fruit
Coconut milk is a lactose-free, vegan-friendly milk alternative made from coconut water and coconut cream. It is a great source of calcium and is rich in various fats, including medium-chain triglycerides.
- Soak the mixed raw nuts for about three hours or overnight in water, then place in a high-speed blender, along with the coconut milk, dates, vanilla and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into ice cream moulds of choice. Add the granola and desired fruit of choice, and freeze for about 60-80 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the moulds and enjoy!
Recipe by Life in the South
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.