While the battle against the bulge rages on intensely in the gym, the war is ultimately won in the kitchen.
We’ve said it before, but it’s worth stating again: you can’t out-train a bad diet. Switching to low-calorie, low-carb recipes like this quick and easy chicken lettuce wrap can help you beat the bulge.
- Olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 500g diced chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup peanuts
- Large iceberg lettuce leaves
Ditching the traditional tortilla wrap for the lettuce can save you 32g of carbs and 200 calories, depending on the product you use.
- Sauté the red onions in olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through but still soft.
- Let stand to cool for 5 minutes, then add soy sauce.
- Place chicken in lettuce, sprinkle with green onion, cilantro, mint and peanuts. Wrap lettuce tightly.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.