Low cal, healthier, tasty treats are ALWAYS a win! Here’s a yummy peanut butter ‘Oreos’ recipe from Andene– SA’s self-styled Healthy Girl with a Sweet Tooth.
- 1/2 cup Healthy Girl Vanilla Crunch Protein Ball Mix
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder of choice
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix all the ‘Oreo’ ingredients together.
- Place the batter in the fridge for about 10 minutes so the batter can harden.
- While the ‘Oreo’ batter is hardening, prepare the filling by mixing the filling ingredients together.
- Once the batter hardened, roll into balls. Using your fingers, flatten and shape the balls to form an Oreo cookie shape.
- Bake for 5-6 mins.
- Once the cookies are ready, remove them from the oven and place them on a cooling rack.
- When the cookies have reached room temperature carefully top 5 of them with a teaspoon of protein peanut butter filling.
- Top each of these cookies with the 5 remaining cookies to form ‘Oreos’
See more about Andene here!
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a personal trainer, former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.