Oats are filling, tasty, and so versatile! If you want to a new take on your morning oatmeal, here’s a delish recipe.
- ½ cup rolled oats or quick oat
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder optional if making chocolate one
How to make it
- Place all the ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is well mixed and pourable. You may have to scoop some out though.
- Transfer to a greased ramekin, oven-safe pan or bowl. You can add some toppings like shaved white chocolate, berries, banana’s, nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Cook in the microwave for 90-120 seconds. Alternatively you can bake the oats in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving and frosting.
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a personal trainer, former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.