Energise your day when you need a lift with these nutritious plant-based energy bites
These bite-sized delights are packed with nourishment from plant-based protein and natural energy from wholesome ingredients.
- 120g almond butter
- 120g Biogen Plant Based protein powder
- 60g rolled oats
- 60ml honey
- 30g chia seeds
- 30g shredded coconut
Biogen Plant Based Protein is an excellent protein supplement for athletes and individuals following a vegan or dairy-free lifestyle. Offers a complete amino acid profile with rice and pea protein, which is free from gluten, dairy, and lactose. Added bamboo fibre improves digestion.
- In a bowl, combine Biogen Plant Based protein powder, almond butter, rolled oats, honey, chia seeds, and shredded coconut. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls for convenient energy bites, or press it into a baking dish to form bars for a more substantial snack.
- Refrigerate the energy bites or bars for 30 minutes to allow them to set.
- Once chilled, remove from the refrigerator and serve as a quick and nutritious snack to boost your energy levels throughout the day.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.