This hearty carrot and chickpea salad is the perfect recipe as we start to ease into autumn. A vegetarian delight, it is quick and easy to prepare and packed with healthy and fresh nutrients. Plus, it features Pesto Princess’s Moroccan winner – Harissa Paste.
Filled to the brim with red peppers, chillies, garlic and spices, it’s 100% fresh and free of nasty preservatives (so best kept in the fridge to ensure its longevity!). Enjoy on its own, or serve as an accompanying salad with braai’s or baked dishes.
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Pesto Princess Harissa Paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tins chickpeas, drained
- 6 medium carrots, grated
- A handful of coriander, chopped
- 5 Tbsp double cream yoghurt
- Pinch of cumin
- In a small saucepan heat the olive oil, Pesto Princess Harissa Paste and salt and pepper.
- Combine the chickpeas, carrots and harissa mixture in a salad bowl.
- Serve with a handful of coriander and cumin-spiced double cream yoghurt.
Recipe and food styling by Michelle Parkin
Author: Mariska du Plessis
Writer, photographer, videographer and Wellness Blogger.
Follow her on Instagram: @justmariska_