This Middle Eastern-style bulgur salad with fresh herbs, chopped vegetables, and chickpeas is perfect as a main course or a side dish!
Servings: 4-6 as a side dish (2-3 as a main course)
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 a diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup juice from 1-2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Place bulgar wheat in a bowl. Add 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and 1 and 1/4 cups of billing water. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and let sit until all water is absorbed.
- Once the bulger wheat is cooked, add all other ingredients. Season with salt, pepper and add lemon juice.
Did you know that Bulgur wheat’s health benefits mainly come from its high-fiber content as a whole grain. High-fiber grains can help you with digestion, gut health, and weight management.
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a personal trainer, former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.