Put a healthier spin on a firm weekend breakfast favourite with this low-carb, protein-packed Sweet Potato Protein Waffles recipe.
You can also easily make this recipe a vegan-friendly option with a simple substitute for eggs. offering a tasty meal for those following a plant-based lifestyle!
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar or sweetener
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond or oat milk
- 1 scoop Biogen Sweet Potato Powder, Vanilla flavour
- I scoop Biogen Plant Based Protein
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
Ditch the eggs! Mix two tablespoons of flax flour with 6 tablespoons of cold water. Leave to thicken for 5 minutes then use as the egg substitute.
For the garnish
- Maple syrup
- Fresh berries
Biogen Sweet Potato Powder is made from sweet potato starch, which provides a high quality, low glycemic whole food-based supplement. Your body metabolises sweet potato powder slowly, which provides more sustained energy.
- Preheat the waffle maker while you make the batter.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- In a second bowl, add the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture. Mix until batter forms.
- Coat the waffle maker with cooking spray and then add ¼ cup of the batter to each waffle well.
- Cook for 4 minutes until golden brown. Add toppings and serve.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.