Try this yummy, healthy, macro-friendly and easy-to-make recipe that uses simple and cheap ingredients.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 egg whites
- 2 scoops USN raspberry white chocolate whey protein
- 30g coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp stevia
- Almond milk
Chickpeas are a cheap yet healthy ingredient that aids digestion due to its fibre content, helps to regulate blood sugar, and they increase satiety – perfect for those weight-loss diets!
These legumes are also a rich source of plant-based protein and contain complex carbohydrates, which release glucose into the bloodstream more slowly.
A one-cup serving (164g) contains 14.5g of protein and 45g of carbohydrates
- Prepare a square dish with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Slowly add in almond milk until a runny consistency is achieved.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Take care not to overcook it – it might look a bit runny, but it will set more as it cools.
- Can be enjoyed warm straight out the oven or left to set in the fridge,
Bonus protein icing recipe
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp whey
- A splash of almond milk
Contains only 35 calories each, with 5g protein and only 1,5g carbs & 1g of fat per brownie
Chickpeas also contain a wide range of vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
Recipe by Melissa Clark
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.