Just started on your Keto diet? Here’s a delicious Keto salad that you can prep for the week ahead!
Broccoli is the perfect keto-friendly base ingredient for your salad because it’s high in fibre, which reduces its total carb content.
- 3 heads of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped d
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 150ml sugar-free mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Himalayan rock salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make it:
- In a medium pot saucepan, bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Add broccoli florets to the boiling water and cook until tender- usually 1-2 mins.
- Remove, drain and place in a bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain florets in a colander.
- In a medium bowl, combine all salad ingredients and whisk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour over dressing.
- Toss until ingredients are combined and coated in dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a personal trainer, former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.