The stability ball is a great exercise tool to use to not only challenge your strength but improve your core stability, strength and posture. Try this workout and let us know what you think.
What to do:
- Punching crunches
- Bulgarian split squats
- Straight leg bridges
How to do it:
Perform 3 sets of every exercise, with 10 – 15 reps of each.
All these exercises are performed just as you would perform with another piece of equipment, the only difference is the extra challenge it adds to your stability. Some benefits of using stability balls:
- Activate multiple muscles to work and challenge muscles you never knew you had!
- Builds up muscle strength due to building coordination and balance, nevermind the fact that your core is forced to work harder!
- Improves focus and concentration
- Versatile and fun and adds a different aspect to your training regime
- Works wonders for rehabilitation
Watch this video for a better understanding of how to perform each move, and try out her tank-top arms workout for stronger arms!
Try this workout and let us know what you think on social media:
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.