Summer salads are perfect for a delicious lunch, and they’re also a great fresh side to add to any dinner.
Try this super light and tasty option to pack in wholesome goodness from fresh ingredients and a nutrient kick from super-nutritious seeds.
- I cup baby spinach
- ½ cup baby tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp seed mix
Seeds provide a rich source of phytonutrients like omega-6 fatty acids, flavonoid phenolic antioxidants, vitamins, proteins and dietary fibre. The good fats in seeds can also help to soothe cravings and curb overindulging on sugar-laden alternatives.
- Add tomatoes, carrots and avocado to baby spinach and cucumber base.
- Toss salad ingredients to mix.
- Drizzle over with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and NuSeed mix.
- Serve fresh and enjoy.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.