Nothing beats a chocolate brownie and a nice cup of coffee. Here’s a recipe that transforms your guilty treat to a healthier protein-loaded alternative! Check out this winning #fitnessreaderrecipe from Cashé Kidd @cashe_kidd
What she used:
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 scoops USN Wheytella Protein
- 1 egg
- 40g almond flour
- 30g coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Coconut and cranberries for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking tray.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add almond flakes.
- Slowly add almond milk, egg and vanilla extract with the coconut oil to the mixture.
- Pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before topping with coconut and cranberries.
Did you know:
Almond flour is a popular alternative to wheat flour for baking and cooking among health-conscious individuals as it is gluten-free, low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and a good source of plant-based protein.
Coconut oil is an ideal source of healthy dietary fats due to its rich Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) content. These fats can be easily metabolised for energy and aid in the break down of other fats. Always opt for unsweetened desiccated coconut products.
Submit your reader’s recipe and you could win a year’s supply of USN Whey Protein. Email email@example.com or tag us FitnessmagSA and USNSA on Instagram with the recipe and food photo! Simple as that! #FitnessReaderRecipe
Author: Mariska du Plessis
Writer, photographer, videographer and Wellness Blogger.
Follow her on Instagram: @justmariska_