Power up your day with a dose of protein from whey and some wholesome energy from bananas with this banana bread recipe.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 scoops Biogen Iso-Whey Protein, Vanilla flavour
- 50g coconut flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Biogen Iso-Whey Premium Protein is a protein shake with high levels of essential amino acids (EAAs) and Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). It is easily absorbed as isolated whey has been shown to have a high biological value (BV) versus most other whole food protein sources.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Whisk in the egg.
- Add vanilla whey protein, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the banana mixture. Mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.