Swap your regular sugar-laden cookie recipe with this nut butter protein cookie recipe.
Enjoy as a snack, dessert or with your morning coffee!
Makes 12-14 cookies.
- ½ cup peanut butter – or nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 scoop of Biogen Plant Based vanilla ice cream whey
- 2 tbsp Dis-Chem Lifestyle foods coconut flour
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tin with non-stick spray.
- Combine the nut butter, syrup, salt, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Add the coconut flour and the protein powder and mix until well combined. Fold in the choc chips.
- The dough should be slightly sticky but not too wet. If you’d like it to be more firm, add some more protein powder.
- Portion out your cookie dough to make 12-14 cookies. Place in oven and bake for around 5-6 minutes until the edges are slightly brown and the middles seem fairly doughy. Try not to over bake.
- Leave cookies to cool for around 15 minutes and enjoy!
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.