Start your day the right way with a hearty serving of energy and nutrient-dense ingredients to power you through your day.
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp cacao
- 1-2 scoops whey powder, chocolate flavour
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Macadamia Nut Butter
Cacao powder contains more than 300 different chemical compounds, including beneficial flavonoids which offer powerful antioxidant effects. It is also a source of vitamins and minerals, including calcium, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, sulfur and EFAs.
- Combine almond butter, ice, banana, cacao and ¼ cup coconut milk in a high speed blender.
- Mixed the whey powder into the remaining coconut milk to create a think paste with porridge-like consistency.
- Mix in blended ingredients until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
Natural macadamia nut butter is a good alternative to peanut butters because it is a lower carb option. Peanuts aren’t technically nuts – they’re legumes, whereas macadamias are tree nuts, which makes them low in carbs and rich in healthy fats, as well as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.