Everyone loves a good cheesecake, which is why this is bound to be a crowd-pleaser as it’s the healthier, protein-packed version! We promise a less sinful treat without compromising taste.
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 40-45mins
Makes: 8 servings
For the base
- 60ml almond butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp honey
For the filling
- 1 cup double cream yogurt
- 500g cottage cheese
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder
For the sauce
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp sweetener
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a springform pan.
- Mix all the base ingredients together until a dough-like consistency is reached.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the greased pan using a spatula.
- Beat all the cheesecake ingredients together with an electric mixer, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the base and place in the centre of the oven. Bake for 40-45mins. The centre of the cheesecake should be slightly wobbly but still firm.
- Once cooked, allow to cool before placing in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Place sauce ingredients into a bowl microwave for 2-3 mins, or until completely defrosted.
- Pour berry sauce over the set cheesecake, and serve!
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a personal trainer, former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.