Get a double dose of protein with whey and crunchy protein-coated rice cakes in this Protein Truffles recipe.
They are a perfect snack to satisfy your sweet tooth with in a compact protein treat perfect for active on-the-go individuals.
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 30g Biogen Iso-Whey Premium Protein
- 2 Biogen Peckish Much? Rice Cakes, crushed
Biogen Peckish Much? mini protein chocolate-coated rice cakes are made with white and wholegrain brown rice and contain 11,5 g protein in a serving,
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, except for the rice cakes.
- Once mixed, add in the crushed rice cakes and mix again.
- Form the mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.