Looking for a quick and simple weekday meal that’s packed with flavour?
Try this noodle bowl with dumplings! It’s guaranteed to hit the spot!
- 2 x packets of Lifestyle Food Gluten-Free Instant Noodles
- 500g button mushrooms
- 1 packet of dried shiitake mushrooms
- Bok choy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Dumpling wrappers
- Spring onions to serve
- Chilli flakes to serve
Sesame oil is made from sesame seeds and contains beneficial fatty acids and antioxidants, including vitamin E and phytosterols.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil, add in the dried mushrooms, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp sesame oil and let it simmer. Add the instant noodles.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan, add the sliced mushrooms, fry until brown, add some soy sauce and the honey and let them caramelise.
- Once the noodles are slightly cooked, add the bok choy and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Reserve some of the mushrooms, stuff one tsp per dumpling and fry in oil. Add sesame seeds and fry until crispy.
- Serve the cooked noodles with the mushroom, dumplings, bok choy, drizzle of sesame oil, chilli flakes, chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.