It is often best to pre-soak your oats, especially if you prefer unprocessed oat groats or minimally processed steel-cut oats.
Soaking softens the grain and makes them easier to cook. It can also change the texture profile of your breakfast – soaked oats are often fluffier and creamier than oats cooked from dry.
- ½ cup Lifestyle Foods Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Foods Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Foods Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Lifestyle Foods Oat Milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
Oat Milk is a lactose- and GMO-free milk substitute. This vegan-friendly product is naturally sweet, which makes it ideal for use in cereals, porridges, teas, coffees and smoothies.
- The night before, blend all ingredients together until well combined. Transfer to a sealable container and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, blend mixture until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved. Add more almond milk if necessary.
- Add toppings of your choice and enjoy.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.