All these recipes are from Lisa Raleigh’s Super Scoop Recipe Book
Super chocolate mug cake
Makes 1 large mug cake
- 1 scoop protein powder, or Very Vanilla or Very Berry Super Scoop
- 1 heaped Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp cocoa
- ½ tsp stevia or 2-3 Tbsp coconut sugar or xylitol
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk, or milk of your choice
- Optional toppings: coconut yoghurt, fresh or frozen berries, sliced banana or melted nut butter
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix together with a fork
- Place the bowl in the centre of the microwave and bake for 2 minutes, stopping to check the texture every 30 to 45 seconds.
- Add the optional toppings if using them, and enjoy!
Superfood Berry Cheesecake
Makes 1 large cheesecake
- For the crust:
- 1 scoop Very Berry Super Scoop (you can substitute this with a strawberry Protein powder)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 2 scoops Very Berry Super Scoop
- 2 cups cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup lite coconut milk
- ½ cup agave
For the cheesecake topping:
- Lightly spray a spring form cake tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all the crust ingredients to a food processor, or blender and blend until a crumbly, yet pliable dough starts to form. If the dough is too dry, add some water, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Press the dough tightly into the cake tin and pop into the freezer to harden while the cheesecake mixture is made.
- Add all the cheesecake ingredients to a clean food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. This shouldn’t take too long as the cashew nuts should already be soft.
- Pour into the cake tin.
- Add one cup of the strawberries to a food processor and blend until a smooth, strawberry coulis forms. (you may want to add some lemon juice and sweetener as well)
- Spread the coulis over the cheesecake
- Slice the remainder of the strawberries and place over the top of the cheesecake
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours (or freeze and have an ice-cream cheesecake!)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 200g rosa tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced into 2X2cm cubes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn kernels
- ½ cup small, red onion diced
- Fresh chilli, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 1 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl
- Add the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, corn and red onion to the dressing in the large bowl. Mix the vegetables well.
- Just before you’re ready to serve the salad, gently fold the avocadoes, chilli and coriander into the salad. Avoid mushing the avocado pieces too much.
- Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.