Organisers of the popular Last Man Standing functional fitness event series have postponed all 2020 events scheduled for the remainder of the season due to the global Covid-19 outbreak.
An expanded national event series consisting of six events is slated to commence in May 2021, starting at Marks Park in Johannesburg.
The community has spoken
According to LMS Event Director, Robert Walker: “We have based this difficult decision on the valuable responses that we have received in our recent survey that was shared on all our platforms. It was made evidently clear that the majority of the respondents were uncomfortable to compete at a live event regardless of implementing strict Covid-19 safety protocols.”
2020 entries deferred to 2021
Athlete who registered for any event on the LMS 2020 calendar will be permitted to transfer their entry to any of the 2021 events.
“We kindly request that athletes contact our support team to assist in this process at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any additional questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Project and Event Manager at email@example.com,” adds Walker.
The 2021 LMS event series will include:
- Last Man Standing Johannesburg – Marks Park – 30 April-2 May
- Last Man Standing Cape Town – Grand West Casino – 28-30 May
- Last Man Standing Durban – Venue TBC – 13-15 August
- Last Man Standing Pretoria – Pretoria Rugby Club – 10-12 September
- Last Man Standing Garden Route – Knysna High-school Sports Grounds – 5-7 November
- Last Man Standing Sun City – Sun City Super Bowl – 9-11 December
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.