There are few things better than a creamy, chocolatey dessert!
Try this healthier version of an indulgent treat. It also packs a protein and superfood punch from chia seeds.
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 34g Biogen Lean Whey, chocolate flavour
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
Chia seeds are a rich source of fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. The seeds are also a great plant-based source of protein because they contain all nine essential amino acids.
- Add the milk and chia seeds to a blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sweetener, cacao powder and Biogen Lean Whey and blend together.
- Add extra milk if the blend is too thick.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and into the fridge for at least 60 minutes or overnight.
- Add your topping of desiccated coconut and enjoy!
Biogen Lean Whey is a high-protein, low-carb advanced female nutrition shake. It contains OatWell™ (oat beta-glucan) fibre to help maintain blood glucose levels to curb hunger and maintain energy levels.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.