Top up with protein to meet your daily requirements with these irresistible Choc Protein Cookies.
They are packed with Biogen Plant Based Protein, making them ideal for athletes and those following a vegan or dairy-free lifestyle.
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30g Biogen Plant Based Protein, Chocolate flavour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 small rice cakes, crushed
Biogen Plant Based Protein is an excellent choice of protein for athletes and individuals following a vegan or dairy free lifestyle. Rice and pea protein is free from gluten, dairy, and lactose making it easily digestible, especially with the added bamboo fibre to aid digestion.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and then fold in the crushed rice cakes.
- Form the dough into small balls and flatten slightly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.