Pizza for breakfast? Yes please! @Pullupsforpeanutbutter shares her delicious, low calorie, breakfast pizza recipe with us!
Makes 1 pizza
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- A pinch of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Toppings: 2 to 3 tbsp grated low-fat mozzarella, a few slices of avocado or even some chicken or chicken bacon
View this post on Instagram
BREAKFAST PIZZA 🍕 • Yip, you read that correctly 😂 • This week I am all about the breakfast food so brace yourself for tons of breakfast inspiration 😉 • I have been having this little delight in place of my usual (somewhat boring) egg whites 🥚 • This will take you about 5 minutes to make and while it’s not exactly pizza…It’s pretty close 🤩 • This recipe is less than 200 calories for the whole thing and has an amazing 24 grams of protein 💪🏼 • The recipe is live on my website…The link is in my bio 😘 • If you plan on giving this a bash, comment with a 🍕 so I know who to check in on 😉
- Heat a non-stick pan with some cooking spray.
- When the pan is relatively hot, pour the egg whites into it and allow them to cook for a minute or two.
- Mix your herbs and spices with the tomato paste and spread this over the egg whites (the top of the egg whites may not be cooked fully but that isn’t a problem).
- Top with some of the grated low-fat mozzarella cheese and then pop the pan under the grill for a minute or two (or until crispy).
- Top the ‘pizza’ with whatever you like and then slice and enjoy!
Recipe by Jo Hill – Pullupsandpeanutbutter
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.