With the warmer summer months approaching, it’s time to ditch the heavy winter comfort foods for something lighter and brighter.
This simple and super delicious muffin recipe creates the perfect snack to brighten up your day and put some spring in your step.
- 500g whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup Lifestyle Food Coconut Sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup açai powder
- ½ cup blueberries
- 500ml soya milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Acai berries are rich in antioxidants. Adding a concentrated powder to your muffin mix will ensure you reap all the health benefits.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla and let it curdle for 5 minutes.
- Pour the wet into the dry, mix well and then add in the açai berry powder and the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a paper-lined muffin tin or spray with non-stick spray, fill ¾ of the way, sprinkle on more sugar and bake for 18-25 minutes until brown.
- Remove to cool and serve at room temperature.
Lifestyle Food Coconut Sugar is a plant-based sweetener that reduces the risk of blood sugar spikes due to its inulin content.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.