Dates: 23 & 24 October 2021
Join this 2-day multi-discipline virtual event that benefits the ILoveBoobies Charity in aid of raising funds to educate, empower and screen disadvantaged South African women for breast cancer. Proceeds from the sale of merchandise and entry fees are used to fund the screening program.
Entrants can participate wherever they are, provided they finish by midnight on 24 October 2021 (GMT) and you have until midnight on 26 October 2021 to upload your result. Participants can select any discipline and distance to design their own race. There is no age limit or time restriction to complete your activity each day.
Event options include:
- Run/Walk: 5km, 10km or 21km
- Ride: 25km, 50km or 100km
- Swim: 500m, 1000m or 1600m
The combinations are endless. Just dress in a splash of pink and in support of breast cancer awareness and help spread the message.
Entry options include:
- PAID (R295): 2 days of race participation, downloadable printable race number, digital finishers certificate including a photo or selfie if you uploaded one. Your choice of Socks or buff, Medal, Goodie Bag, includes your donation towards a breast cancer screening.
- FREE: 2 days of race participation, downloadable printable race number, digital finishers certificate including a photo or selfie if you upload one, this is an entry for those with budget constraints, but who would still like to participate. There is no merchandise, medal or goody bag with this entry.
Prizes from generous event sponsors will be awarded on a lucky draw basis at 12 noon on 27 October 2021. You must have participated and submitted your result to be eligible.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.