It’s time to gear up and get out with the latest in footwear and apparel.
We’ve got the latest fitness and sporting gear releases for March, including digitally connected shoes, responsive runners and the perfect bag to carry all your cycling gear.
PUMA HYBRID Ozone
PUMA recently unveiled its new HYBRID Ozone, a cushioned running shoe that fuses street style with technology. HYBRID foam offers cushioning, comfort and responsiveness, while ProFoam provides a lightweight, smooth transition. A dynamic lacing system ensures a secure fit.
Additional features include:
- HYBRID heel: a combination of the two best technologies; NRGY beads for instant cushioning and IGNITE foam for responsiveness
- Midfoot wrap-up: Performance midsole for running or any active workouts
- ProFoam: High rebound EVA for instant cushioning in an extremely lightweight package
- Midfoot: Outsole heel rubber wrap provides torsional rigidity while exposed ProFoam allows for a smooth transition
HYBRID Ozone retails for R1,599 (Wns) at PUMA.com, PUMA stores and selected retailers.
Under Armour HOVR™ Machina
Apollo Brands, the official distributor of Under Armour in South Africa, recently introduce the UA HOVR™ Machina.
These digitally-connected shoes enable real-time Form Coaching via the companion app to help make you a better runner..
Runners can measure their foot strike angle and ground contact time, offered in a post-run analysis, to give them deeper insights into their form, which is especially useful on longer runs where the form may tend to break down due to fatigue. All of these features are available with a seamless, easy-to-use connection to MapMyRun.
Under Armour has kept the UA HOVR Machina light and responsive, with a two-pronged carbon-filled Pebax® spring propulsion plate to help get runners up on their toes to keep their turnover quick and their transition snappy. The shoes also feature a new uncaged UA HOVR midsole, which offers all the benefits of soft HOVR cushioning, without sacrificing responsiveness or adding extra weight.
Available from Under Armour Brand Houses around South Africa at a retail price of R2999.
Falke Releases Limited Edition Collection AW20
Leading local sock specialist Falke has added additional colourways to its popular and versatile Limited Edition range.
Light, bright and geared for multi-sports, Falke Limited Edition socks match the thrill of any terrain while showcasing your personality.
These everyday sport socks are engineered to be both comfortable and durable, with the latest sock technology, such as::
- A fine toe seam to reduce the risk of friction and blistering
- A reinforced heel and toe for durability.
- Drynamix fibre along with mesh panels for ventilation to help keep feet cool and dry.
The Limited Edition range is available in four styles: Argyle, Plain, Star and an all new Dot design. The updated bright, eye-catching colours include:
- Ethereal Blue & Cobalt
- Neon Lime & Lake Blue
- Bright Red & Black
- Watermelon & Neon Lime.
Available in 7 colourways in sizes 4-7 and 8 -12 with a retail price of R100 at www.falke.co.za.
Thule ‘RoundTrip’ multi-purpose duffel
Between road and gravel riding, mountain biking, and triathlons, cyclists have a lot to carry with them.
Thule continues on its journey to help ‘transport anything you care for safely, easily, and in style’ with the launch of the new Thule RoundTrip 55L duffel bag.
This purpose-built gear bag will keep all gear, apparel and accessories in place and secure from wherever your ride begins, at the trailhead, race start, weekend destination, onto the plane or at home. Key features include:
- 55L total capacity holds 3–5 days of road or mountain bike gear, including seasonal accessories
- The bag structure and wide opening give you visibility and efficient access to all compartments
- Dedicated shoe pocket is lined with tarpaulin for easy cleaning
- Comfortably pack any size road or trail helmet in the dedicated compartment
- Store dirty laundry or post-ride clothing in the versatile lid pocket
- Keep nutrition, small tools or race supplies visible but separate from clothing in the front pocket
- Protect GPS or keep wallet secure in the exterior zipper pocket
- Wear the removable shoulder strap crossbody for stable carrying while walking or riding a bike.
Available in store or online at a recommended retail price of R2999.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.