Banana crunch granola
Makes 6-7 cups
- ½ banana mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey, agave or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp xylitol or coconut sugar
- 3 scoops Very Berry Super Scoop
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup dried mixed berries (we recommend cranberries, goji berries and raisins)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray a baking tray with cooking spray
- Add the banana, coconut oil, sweetener and coconut sugar to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the Super Scoop, oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes and dried fruit to a bowl and mix until combined
- Pour the banana mixture into the oats and mix until all the oats have been coated.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly
- Bake until golden brown (about 30 minutes)
- The granola will harden as it cools. Store in an airtight container.
TIP: This granola will last a month if you eat a quarter cup each day.
Vegan chocolate mousse
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 scoop Very Vanilla Super Scoop
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- Pinch xanthan or guar gum (optional)
- Add the avocado to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the xanthan or guar gum) and blend for 30 to 45 seconds
- If adding the optional xanthan or guar gum, add this once all the other ingredients have been blended together.
- Spoon into a bowl or serving dish and leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour
Roast beetroot, pumpkin and pistachio salad
- 1 large bag pumpkin (500g) chopped in bite sizes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch beetroot
- 1 packet rocket leaves
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, shelled and salted
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Rub the pumpkin pieces with 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Roast the pumpkin for about 40 minutes until soft and slightly browned on the edges
- Wash the beetroot well and cut into large cubes
- Rub with the other Tbsp of olive oil and roast on a separate baking tray for about 40 minutes
- Allow the pumpkin and beetroot to cool.
- Assemble the salad with a layer of rocket, topped with the pumpkin and beetroot
- Roughly chop the pistachio nuts and sprinkle them over the salad
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze over the salad and enjoy.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.