Deezer, the world’s most personal music service, recently partnered up with Fitbit, the leading global wearables brand, and Filtr music curation service to reveal South Africa’s top workout songs.
Filtr will keep local exercise junkies motivated this Summer and add a soundtrack to their summer fitness routine. Whether you’re going for a morning run along the beach, hiking in the mountains or trying out a challenging yoga pose, you can take your music with you, as all your favourite Deezer tracks are now available on your Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic devices.
On a global front, the popular music platform recently revealed the world’s most popular workout music genres and songs played on Fitbit wrists. Dua Lipa and Calvin Harris’ One Kiss snatches the crown with a speedy 124 beats per minute (BPM), supporting sports science theories that cranking up the music tempo encourages people to workout harder, faster and often longer.
SA’s top playlist
In South Africa, the three brands collaborated to run the #FitTOGETHER social media campaign, calling on local fitness enthusiasts to share their favourite exercise tracks, with the aim to compile a list of the ultimate workout songs that get South Africans ‘pumped’ for their workouts. Filtr created a local playlist to directly target South African users and offer a taste of their curation talents.
Deezer’s music content allows fitness fanatics to play their favourite playlists, workout mixes and use Deezer’s signature feature, Flow – a personal soundtrack that uses smart data and editorial recommendations to provide music lovers with the opportunity to discover fresh new tracks as well as play familiar favourites.
The overall list of top songs motivating workouts across the country include music from Bruno Mars, Major Lazer and The Chainsmokers.
Want to know what songs are getting other South Africans heart rates up and providing the musical motivation to get through their workouts? Check out the Filtr Active Workout Playlist.
Curate your workout mix
If you’re keen to achieve your fitness goals with Deezer and Fitbit this summer, here’s how to get set up.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Deezer app on your Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Ionic
- To download it, open Account settings on the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
- Choose your Fitbit device and select Media.
- Find the Deezer app and install.
- To link your Deezer account to your Fitbit, simply select Deezer on the Fitbit mobile app on your smartphone.
- Now grab your Fitbit and open Deezer.
- A notification screen will direct you to a webpage, with an activation code.
- Go to fitbit.com/deezer on your smartphone and enter the activation code.
- Once the activation code is accepted, the Deezer login page will appear.
- Enter your login details and you’re all set to start adding music to your Fitbit device.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.