Cauliflower hummus is a great low-carb alternative to your usual dips, spreads and meal accoutrements.
Serve it up with some freshly sliced raw veggie sticks for a quick and wholesome snack or as part of a tasty wrap or shawarma.
Ingredients for the roasted cauliflower
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, washed and dried
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic flakes
Ingredients for the hummus
- 1 ½ cups canned chickpeas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dill to serve
Cauliflower is naturally rich in B-vitamins and fibre, and contains 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C per 100g serving.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the cauliflower florets in a bowl, and drizzle with olive oil. Add the paprika, coriander, salt, and pepper and mix well. Pour out onto a parchment paper-lined sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the hummus ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk or water if needed before adding half of the baked cauliflower into the hummus.
- Blend again until smooth and serve the hummus with the last bit of roasted cauliflower, dukkha, pine nuts, fresh dill, and toasted bread.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.