Energise your mornings with a bowl of Blueberry Baked Oats With Whey recipe for breakfast.
Bursting with juicy blueberries, this wholesome recipe combines the goodness of oats and the benefits of whey protein.
- 2 ½ fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup quick oats
- ⅓ cup brown or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 scoop Biogen Lean whey with Collagen protein powder
- Pinch of salt
- Blueberry compote
Biogen Lean Whey with Collagen combines a dynamic duo that creates a more complete protein source with all essential amino acids. Collagen helps to maintain healthy joints, supports bone strength, and enhances skin hydration, and whey support muscle development and may help promote weight loss by increasing satiety and possibly boosting your metabolism.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the blueberries, corn starch and sweetener in the baking dish, mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, coconut sugar, protein powder and rub in the coconut oil.
- Sprinkle the oats over the blueberries and let it bake for 10-15 minutes until gooey.
- Serve with yoghurt, syrup and more blueberries.
Recipe by @lifeinthesouth.co Mariza Ebersohn
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.