Looking for a gluten-free and meatless pasta meal that still packs flavour?
Try this Grilled Corn Avo Cream Pasta recipe for the ideal option for those with a gluten intolerance to still enjoy pasta nights or as a great meat-free Monday meal option.
- Lifestyle Food Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
- Water to top
- Salt to taste
- Grilled corn
- Pine nuts
- ½ avocado, sliced
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- 200ml coconut milk
- Handful fresh cilantro
- ½ fresh lime
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Lifestyle Food Gluten-Free Corn Pasta is manufactured in a gluten-free facility and is made from 100% corn flour.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and drizzle with some oil.
- In a high-speed blender add the avocado, coconut milk, cilantro, nutritional yeast, paprika, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix well.
- Add the grilled corn, avocado slices, herbs, edible flowers and pine nuts.
- Top with fresh herbs and edible flowers.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.