With just a month to go before the spring season hits, announcements from the world’s biggest activewear and sports apparel brands are coming thick and fast.
We review the latest releases from the big brands like PUMA, adidas, Under Armour and more…
PUMA launches LQD CELL Shatter
PUMA brings its LQD CELL technology to their newest women’s training silhouette – the LQD CELL Shatter.
Designed for the bold female athlete, this provocative shoe brings the heat with its unique midsole shape, its stable cushioning, alternative colours and materials.
LQD CELL is an extremely versatile technology that is mixed with PUMA’s proprietary energy-returning foams in different regions of the foot.
This construction allows LQD CELL to work in different ways, and offers various benefits.
The soft yet sturdy hexagonal cells compress and work together with PUMA’s foams to keep you steady while working out. Wearers will experience heightened stability and comfort.
Available for R1,699 at PUMA stores, Totalsports, Takealot and selected retailers.
Adidas reveals new Ultraboost 19 colourways
The latest Ultraboost 19 update offers the continued benefits of the revolutionised silhouette that was inspired by, and redesigned for, a new era of running and fitness. adidas designers and product developers worked with runners globally to reinvent the running shoe.
Together, they simplified the original adidas Ultraboost from 17 pieces to just 4 performance-driven components, creating a lighter reimagined silhouette with more energy return for a new running experience.
Product benefits include:
- An optimised midsole with 20% more boost to inject more energy into each step.
- The new Torsion Spring propels you forward effortlessly. The result of this high-tech configuration is a shoe that blasts back more energy and moves with you.
- The 3D Heel Frame cradles the foot on impact, providing enhanced support and stability for a more confident run.
- The pioneering one-piece Primeknit 360 upper snugly wraps the foot for enhanced support and lightweight comfort.
Available for R2,999 on adidas ecomm.
New UA HOVR™ colourways
Apollo Brands, the official distributor of Under Armour in South Africa, has announced the release of two running silhouettes with fresh new colourways.
The UA HOVR™ Phantom/SE now features a limited edition Runner Runner colourway. Under Armour has also made the HOVR™ Phantom/SE sleeker and more aerodynamic, with a more breathable sport edition. The shoe still offers the same energy return and plush, all-around cushioning, in a fast, new, streamlined package.
Available for R2,799 from brand house stores across SA.
The UA HOVR™ Infinite offers cushion, bounce, durability, and efficiency for a super-smooth ride. Perfect for everything from long runs to base mileage, and even recovery runs. New colours include Halo Grey with an orange tinge for women.
Available for R2,499 from brand house stores across SA.
Harbinger Women’s Flexfit Glove
Designed specifically to fit a woman’s hand, the Harbinger® FlexFit Women’s Glove is constructed with TechGel™ Comfort Pads that mould to a user’s palm to provide cushioning and protection. The short finger length reduces unwanted bulk, allowing users to bend their fingers naturally. A NoSweat™ lining wicks moisture away from the skin, and anti-microbial Lycra® reduces odour and eliminates bacterial growth.
Available from R350 at Takealot, Kloppers and Sportsmans Warehouse
Adidas launches the Alphaedge 4D Parley for the Oceans
The Alphaedge 4D features and includes the revolutionary adidas 4D midsole. a sport-inspired geometric lattice structure that absorbs pressure from any angle and propels the foot forward, while supporting movement by providing stability, support and cushioning.
Shoe features include:
- The adidas 4D midsole is printed with light and oxygen using Carbon Digital Light Synthesis™ technology, pioneered by Carbon.
- The Primeknit upper, with zoned forging is super-lightweight and encases the foot in a seamless sock-like fit to provide additional support and comfort needed during sharp lateral movements and tight turns.
- The Continental rubber has engineered traction zones to support deeper cuts and faster acceleration, regardless of surface terrain or weather.
The adidas 4D x Parley release made with Ocean Plastic® helps defend oceans from plastic pollution.
Available for R5,999 on adidas ecomm.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.