Fitbit has launched the Fitbit Versa 2™, the next generation of its best-selling smartwatch.
The Versa 2 delivers a new precision-crafted swimproof design, includes innovative sleep features, and is packed with more advanced health, fitness and smart features.
For next-level convenience, Versa 2 debuts an on-device microphone, which enables voice to text, along with a Spotify app that allows users to control their music and podcasts. Additionally, Versa 2 has the ability to store and play 300+ songs from your personal music library and add Deezer playlists.
Coupled with even faster performance, Fitbit Pay™, thousands of apps and clock faces and a brighter, crisper display with an optional always-on mode, Versa 2 is the latest 24/7 health and wellness companion, now with 5+ days battery life.
Better sleep for better, more active days
As a leader in tracked sleep, Fitbit has applied learnings from more than 10.5 billion nights of sleep tracked to innovate in this critical area of health. The latest sleep features help users better understand their sleep, while also providing features to improve it:
- Sleep Score: Receive a nightly score within the Fitbit® app for better insight into your sleep quality. Your score is based on heart rate (sleeping and resting), restlessness, time awake and Sleep Stages.
- Smart wake: Coming soon to all Fitbit smartwatches, smart wake uses machine learning to wake you during an optimal time of your sleep cycle, while in light or REM sleep, based on a pre-selected 30-minute interval, so you wake up feeling more refreshed.
- Sleep Mode: Simultaneously disable your screen display and silence notifications for a night free of disturbances. Sleep Mode can also be used anytime you don’t want to be interrupted, like during a workout or in a meeting.
- Estimated Oxygen Variation Graph: Coming soon, this graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device. Being aware of short term variations in the oxygen levels in your bloodstream may indicate variations in your breathing during sleep.
Additional advanced health, fitness and smart features include:
- Automatic activity tracking
- PurePulse® 24/7 heart rate tracking
- 15+ goal-based exercise modes
- Connected GPS
- Water resistance up to 50 m
- Smartphone notifications to view app, call, calendar and text notifications from your wrist.
As Fitbit’s premium, modern smartwatch, the Versa 2 is precision-crafted with subtle material, and finish and form updates. The watch is durable, yet lightweight and comfortable enough to wear all day and night.
An anodized aluminum finish in a natural colour palette gives a sophisticated, modern aesthetic to compliment any style or look and with the simplified one-button design, Versa 2 has a sleek silhouette reminiscent of a classic timepiece.
The Versa 2 offers a wide variety of new accessories for work, play and working out, all of which are compatible across the entire Versa family. Featuring new colours, materials, and styles, the lineup offers an array of options for any lifestyle or activity:
- Classic bands: Stain-resistant, comfortable, soft and waterproof, classic silicone bands are available in new colours, including black, petal, stone, midnight blue and olive.
- Sport-inspired: Designed for all types of workouts or a sportier look, the Versa family’s first sport bands are perforated for added breathability, available in navy, black, glacier, frost white and coral, in the same stain-resistant, comfortable silicone as the classic bands.
- Athleisure-centric: Woven bands made from recycled materials flaunt a reflective stripe and come in on-trend colour combinations, like charcoal with an orange stripe, pink on pink stripe, and navy on navy stripe.
- Fashionable leather and suede: Premium Horween® leather perforated bands in charcoal and moss suede, add an elegance to any look, whether at the office or a night out.
Pricing and availability
Versa 2 will be available in stores mid-October from select local retailers for a RRP of R3,999 in black with a carbon case, petal with a copper rose aluminum case, and stone with a mist grey case; accessories will be available from select local retailers. The Versa 2 Special Edition will be available for a RRP of R4,999 in navy and pink with a copper rose aluminum case and smoke with a mist grey case.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.