When smoothies are made slightly thicker and served in a bowl, they become a complete meal.
Adding a few extra healthful ingredients, like Biogen’s Plant Based Protein will add to the taste and texture profile and give your smoothie bowl a protein boost to aid recovery and muscle repair.
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 scoops Biogen Plant Based Protein powder, Vanilla Ice Cream flavour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ cup ice cubes
Plant-based protein supplements are a quick and convenient way for athletes and individuals who follow a vegan, vegetarian or dairy-free lifestyle to meet some of their protein needs.
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp almonds, sliced
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Rolled oats are a healthier alternative to processed instant oats as they have a lower GI and are also more nutrient dense, containing thiamine, iron, dietary fibre and the antioxidant avenanthramides.
- Add all ingredients together in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until you achieve the desired consistency – if the mixture thickens, add extra water or almond milk. If it thins out, blend in a few ice cubes, or add some extra plant protein powder.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and dress with the toppings.
- Serve and savour every mouthful.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.